Steven A. Goldstein – Martindale Hubbell AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated
Steven A. Goldstein is a former trial attorney for the former Immigration and Naturalization Service having been one of the few selected by the United States Attorney General for the position as part of the Attorney General’s Honors Program. He was also a prosecutor for the Office of Chief Counsel, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). He is a former Captain of Police for the Amtrak Police Department in New York City. He is uniquely qualified to represent clients in both Criminal and Immigration Courts through his experience in both law enforcement and as a former United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (“ICE”) attorney.
Mr. Goldstein is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA). During his membership in AILA, Mr. Goldstein has served on various committees that were instrumental in changing ICE policies and procedures to the benefit of all.
Mr. Goldstein presented oral argument on important, precedent cases before the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals. Mr. Goldstein lectured at the Miami-Dade Public Defender’s Office to educate criminal defense attorneys regarding representing non-citizens to avoid deportation. He has also been qualified as an expert in court proceedings.
Mr. Goldstein has successfully helped countless individuals facing deportation by defending them in immigration courts throughout the United States. Pozo Goldstein, LLP maintains offices in New York and Miami, Florida. Contact Mr. Goldstein to discuss your case before you make a decision that can affect your future in the United States.
- Rutgers School of Law, Camden, New Jersey
- Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Florida Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Fraternal Order of Police
- Dade County Bar Association
- Florida Bar – Member in Good Standing
- Broward County Bar Association
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Past Employment Positions
- Former U.S. Immigration Prosecutor
- Former U.S. ICE Counsel
- U.S. Department of Justice/ U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Former Managing Partner at R & G , LLP, an immigration law firm
- Former Police Captain
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania