Miami Family Visa Attorney
Who qualifies for a family visa?
A United States citizen or Legal Permanent Resident (LPR) may be able to sponsor their family members for visas. The two types of visas are Immediate Relative Immigrant Visas and Family Preference Immigrant Visas. Immediate Relative Immigrant Visas may be issued to the following types of family members of a U.S. citizen:
- Unmarried child under the age of 21;
- Foreign orphan legally adopted in a foreign country;
- Foreign orphan who will be legally adopted in the U.S.; and
- Parent of a citizen who is at least 21 years of age
Family Preference Categories
Family Preference Immigrant Visas may be issued to the relatives who qualify under the following family preference categories:
- Family First Preference: Unmarried children and minor grandchildren of U.S. citizens
- Family Second Preference: Spouses, minors and unmarried children over the age of 21 of LPRs
- Family Third Preference: Married children of U.S. citizens, and their spouses and minor children
- Family Fourth Preference: Siblings of U.S. citizens over the age of 21, and their spouses and minors
Immigration Lawyer Serving All of Florida
If you want to sponsor a loved one for a family visa, a Miami immigration lawyer may be able to assist you. Our firm understands how important it is for you to be reunited with relatives, and can assist you with each step of the visa application process. Family based immigration can sometimes be complicated, but Pozo Goldstein, LLP is more than qualified to offer you sound legal guidance.
Attorney Steven A. Goldstein is a former U.S. Immigration Trial Attorney with vast experience in immigration law and family visa petitions. Our skillful and seasoned legal team can assist you with family visa petitions and applications, and, if needed, will aggressively advocate for you in court. Don’t leave your visas to chance; choose the sound legal counsel of a firm committed to excellence.
Contact a Miami immigration attorney from our firm today if you are planning to apply for a family visa.